Jan 16, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
America’s thirst for Tim Tebow shall be still quenched this weekend, in one way or another. Probably. Item one: CBS wants Tebow in the booth for the Ravens-Patriots AFC Championship Game on Sunday (3 p.m., ET), trading observations and bon mots with Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe, Bill Cowher and the gang.
“We’ve had conversations with his people,” CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus said Sunday. “We have a request in. We haven’t heard back.”
Likely that’s because Tebow’s “people” are weighing other options. It’s known that the organizers of the PGA Humana Challenge PGA in La Quinta, CA, will today be inviting Tebow to play in that tournament, where he would be paired, they said, with Tiger Woods. That tournament is also this weekend (Jan. 19-22).
CBS wants Broncos’ Tim Tebow on studio show [USA Today]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found