Jan 13, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
As the Tebowing phenomenon conquers its last frontier here on Earth (you can check off Antarctica), there’s one question no one has asked. What is Tebow actually praying about when he Tebows? What are his exact words? The answer was shrouded in mystery, until now. The folks at Mentality Magazine put together a video entitled S*** Tim Tebow Says, compiling the best Tebow audio from games and press conferences. Hidden in there, at about the 33-second mark, is Tim actually praying as he kneels in the classic Tebow position.
Not sure if this is the entire prayer, but what we caught goes like this:
“Please put a wall of protection around me and my teammates today, as we go out there and honor you with everything we do and say. Love you Jesus, amen.
This answers a couple of questions, actually. No. 1, Tim is not merely praying for God to give him strength to play to the best of his abilities — he’s asking for Jesus to give him a wall of protection. That’s very specific, and brings to mind something Richard the Lionheart may have prayed for before attacking Saladin at the Battle of Arsuf. Or, dialogue from Iron Man.
No. 2, shouldn’t that be “my teammates and I”? For this I blame the University of Florida.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead