Poll: 43 percent of people think Tebow’s success is due to divine intervention … including 54 percent of Republicans
Jan 12, 2012, 11:04 AM EST
So it’s come to our attention that you’ve been taking this Tebow-divine intervention thing seriously all this time? Sigh.
Noticing a Tebowing craze that’s swept the world and the fact that the Broncos are still alive in the playoffs, the folks at the survey company Poll Position decided to find out exactly how many folks think that Tebow’s success is indeed due to the Lord’s intervention. Their findings.
Among those aware of the Tebow phenomenon, 43% said they believed divine intervention was at least partly responsible for his success. Forty-two percent disagreed, and 14% expressed no opinion.
Yep, more people (among those aware of Tebow) believe that God is influencing NFL games than don’t believe. But here are some interesting breakdowns of the survey:
The numbers fluctuate greatly with the age of the respondent. But when it’s broken down between races, 50.5 percent of African Americans said yes to divine intervention, to only 37.1 percent of Caucasians. And a whopping 81.3 percent of Hispanic respondents answered yes, God has a headset.
And among Republicans, 54.2 percent think God helps Tebow win. Among Democrats, it’s 38.2 percent.
Oh, and men are less likely (40.6 to 46.8) than women (46.4 to 37.3) to think that God has a Tebow poster on his wall.
Meanwhile an ESPN poll rated Tebow as America’s favorite athlete: the quickest a pro athlete has ever topped their survey.
Poll: 43 percent of people believe that Tim Tebow’s success is due to divine intervention [Sportress of Blogitude]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found