Jan 12, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
You know you’ve made it as a pro athlete when companies start asking you to take your clothes off. Figuring we haven’t seen enough of Tim Tebow already, Jockey unveiled their latest Tebow campaign on its web site on Monday, showing us Tebow clad only in briefs — but tastefully done! Detroit Free Press:
The charismatic quarterback appeals to men and women, says Dustin Cohn, chief marketing officer of Jockey. The so-called “Tebow Effect” is driving up sales of Jockey’s men’s and women’s underwear products. He has been a “lightning rod” for the brand.
“Its very exciting for us. He is the hottest athlete in the country today. He’s trending among elite celebrity status,” Cohn says.
Cohn said that a previous Jockey commercial in which Tebow appeared shirtless for just a couple of seconds received an enormous amount of “complimentary” email, and thus the shirtless ad was conceived.
You’re welcome, ladies … OK, and you too, sir.
Best of all, Tebow can now get into all the Pro Athlete Underwear parties, along with Tom Brady and David Beckham.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found