Jan 11, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
On Monday we showed you photos of Rocky the Mountain Lion, the Denver Nuggets’ mascot, who donned a Tim Tebow jersey during a game with the Hornets. But what we didn’t know then is that Rocky pulled off a rather remarkable stunt during that game, which included a hand from … a higher power?
During a time out, Rocky takes a few tries at making a backward halfcourt shot, to no avail. He then takes off his sweat top to reveal a Tebow jersey, bends a knee in prayer, and … connects.
One of thing things that keeps the Tebowing craze afloat, in my opinion, is that it’s organic. It was created of the people, and not dreamed up in some corporate boardroom. The Nuggets adopting it for their mascot comes dangerously close to commercial hijacking … but since this is Denver, and Rocky pulled this off so masterfully, I’m going to give them a pass. Although I don’t know who made me the Tebowing Czar.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming