Jan 9, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
Yes, I’m sad to have to tell you that Sean Salisbury has been relived of his Lingerie Football League broadcasting duties, effective immediately, with three weeks left in the regular season. Which is odd. Actually it was Darren Rovell who broke the news on Twitter. After his initial report, Rovell answered just about everyone’s next question when he followup tweeted:
@darrenrovell Source: Sean Salisbury’s dismissal as a Lingerie League broadcaster was not related to any sort of inappropriate behavior.
24 minutes ago
The only reasons I can think of that Salisbury left are: a.) The LFL ran out of money to pay him, or b.) His delight over the many on-field fights this season were drawing complaints. It would be a huge upset if the latter were true — but who knows? At any rate, a rough few years for Salisbury, who left ESPN in 2008 amidst allegations of inappropriate behavior, and left at least one high-profile radio job since then due to a contract dispute.
Let’s hope he left the LFL because something better came along. Maybe Battlebots is coming back!
UPDATE: This cryptic post, supposedly from Salisbury on his Facebook page, comes to us via Lew Patton:
USFL but it’s still not funded so if a gig comes before that then i would be open to coaching elsewhere. And yes shoulder healing well. Thx so much
There have been on-again, off-again rumors of a USFL comeback since 2008.
UPDATE: USA Today reports that the split was less than amicable. The LFL’s Mitch Mortaza:
“Our expectations were not met in terms of broadcast protocol and we were not pleased with the overall lack of respect toward our producers, which primarily drove the decision.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte