Dec 29, 2011, 6:17 PM EST
If, say, Mrs. Manning wears a half-Colts, half-Giants jersey, that’s heartwarming. But Michelle Bachmann showing up at the Iowa-Iowa State football game in Ames on Sept. 10 wearing this half-Hawkeyes, half-Cyclones shirt just says one thing: There’s no one I will not pander to in order to get votes.
Perhaps that’s why Bachmann is in single digits in the state, according to the latest CNN-Time poll. How can you trust a politician who would wear the jersey of two bitter rivals simultaneously? What’s next, a trip to North Carolina wearing a three-level Tar Heels/Wolfpack/Blue Devils jersey?
The Bachmann half jersey story is a couple of months old, but it caught my eye on Sports Grid today (from a comment string on Reddit), and becomes topical again now that the Iowa caucuses are coming up on Tuesday. Better shot of Bachmann’s Pander Jersey here.
Oh, and I wonder how they feel about this in Bachmann’s home state? Goldy Gopher? Care to comment?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found