Dec 27, 2011, 12:53 PM EDT
Note: I’m pretty sure the wings aren’t an actual part of Oregon’s new Rose Bowl uniforms, but when it comes to Phil Knight Nike Pro Combat experiments, one never knows. Well, here you go Wisconsin: deal with this.
Liquid black metal finish. Armored wing design that will go under the shoulder pads (whatever that means). “Chain Maille Mesh” on the back, arms and sides. More views at Nike’s Facebook page (check out the helmet).
Oh, and the numbers will shift colors as the player moves.
Nike is based in Oregon and Knight, the company’s co-founder, former CEO and current chairman, is a Ducks alum. But he also graduated from the Stanford School of Business … you should see the wild suits those students wear.
Oregon Just Unveiled The Crazy Stormtrooper Uniforms They’re Going To Wear In The Rose Bowl [Business Insider]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million