Polling firm: Republicans rate Tim Tebow as their favorite QB, by a mile. But who do Democrats like?
Dec 21, 2011, 11:25 AM EST
Even with his evangelical Christian glow, I was still a bit surprised by this bit of data from Public Policy Polling: Tim Tebow is the favorite quarterback of Republicans, by a wide margin. And Democrats don’t really seem to care for him that much. The stats:
Tim Tebow is viewed favorably by 68% of Republicans but only 39% of Democrats. Just to put those numbers into some context, none of the Republican Presidential candidates are even seen positively by 68% of Republicans. He’s more popular than any of them.
27% of GOP voters pick him as their favorite QB, putting him in first place by a mile, but among Democrats he’s only tied for 6th at 9%. The Mannings are the preferred quarterbacks of Democratic voters. 13% pick Eli as their favorite and Peyton has the best net favorability with them at +39 (49/10).
So Eli Manning is the choice of Democrats. Odd … but odder still is the Tebow/Republican hookup. Do Republicans know that Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers are also devout Christians? Knowing this, how do you choose Tebow over the past two Super Bowl winners? Because Rick Perry and Sarah Palin have recently extolled his virtues?
Other PPP NFL results:
- Michael Vick is the overwhelming favorite QB among African Americans, with 41 percent. No one else is above 13 percent. Only 2 percent of Caucasians say he’s their favorite.
- Overall, Vick is the least popular QB, at 26 percent. Next on the unpopular list are ben Roethlisberger (15 percent), Eli Manning (11 percent) and Tom Brady (eight percent).
- Least popular NFL team? The Dallas Cowboys, at 22 percent no like. Most popular is the Green Bay Packers, also at 22 percent, like.
Packers are the real America’s Team [Public Policy Polling]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found