Dec 21, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
There can’t possibly be a catch. So if Chicago blanks Green Bay on Sunday, head out to Sawicki Motors in Rochelle, Ill., to pick up your brand new … wait, it’s not that easy? I am shocked to learn there are caveats and stipulations associated with this!
Here’s the real deal: If the Bears somehow shut out the Packers this week (how loudly can you yell “HA!”?), you will get a 100 percent discount on a new car at the Chicago-area Sawicki Motors — if you had purchased that car sometime this week before the game. (Tax and license excluded). So when you consider that Sawicki no doubt has insurance for this promotion, and there’s very little chance the Packers will get shut out, it’s pretty much a no-lose proposition for the dealership.
From the Rockford Register Star:
“Bears fans mostly have been laughing about it because the likelihood (of the Bears preventing the Packers from scoring) is not that great,” said Ron Matula, sales manager of the dealership that sells new Chevrolet, Cadillac and Buick vehicles as well as used cars. “None of the Packers fans have called me names or swore at me yet. They have just been saying ‘it’s not going to happen.’”
It doesn’t say what time this deal expires, however. So if Chicago is leading 16-0 with a minute to go, run on in and buy a Lexus.
Chicago dealership offers free cars if Bears shut out Packers [Shutdown Corner]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found