Dec 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The dog-riding monkeys of Team Ghost Riders are old friends here at Off the Bench, but even we were a little surprised to see them performing at halftime of the Patriots-Broncos game on Sunday. They’ve played just about every Minor League Baseball stadium in the land, but now they’ve hit the big time. What you probably don’t know: in the full version of their show, they herd goats into a pen.
The dog-riding monkeys are trained by Tim “Wild Thang” Lepard of Mississippi, who is responsible for one of the greatest lines in Out of Bounds history:
“In 1962 a little boy was born, and his dream and his goal was to own a monkey.”
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed when your car was burglarized while you were shoplifting …
- Benny the Bull makes conducting debut in Chicago Bulls holiday commercial.
- 30fps.mocksession: Touched by Tebow, Carter rose to his feet! Tebow can heal the sick.
- Controversy in Quebec: Should Montreal Canadiens have hired a coach who can’t speak French?
- The thrill and pageantry of the Watching Paint Dry Championships.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
If you have a talking deer on your Mark Trail bingo card, mark that baby off!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy