Dec 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
In the video following the jump we have Bill Romanowski in a classic, bacon-themed rant over the Oakland Raiders’ rather humiliating loss to the Packers on Sunday. Yes, bacon. (Wakes up, stretches arms) MMmmmm, something smells good … do I smell insanity?
You remember Romanowski: 16 years in the NFL — spit in receiver JJ Stokes’ face in a Monday Night game while playing for the Broncos; broke a teammates’ jaw in practice while playing for the Raiders in ’03. No surprise that he was all roided up in those days (he confessed as much to 60 Minutes). As Paul Simon once crooned, Still Crazy After All These Years. Romanowski, now a commentator for CSN Bay Area, went off on the Raiders’ perceived lack of effort in a most unique way.
ROMANOWSKI: “Hue Jackson, he’s got a bunch of guys, that like bacon. And you know what they do? They go to the grocery store and they buy their bacon. Well guess what? I need some damn boar hunters! I need them to hunt ‘em down with knives!”
TERRIFIED CO-HOST: “Can they go to the butcher shop?”
Quiet Bill, quiet! Piggy’s got the conch.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while threatening Santa with death if he doesn’t bring the right gifts …
- A Steelers rap to get you ready for Monday night.
- As expected, the vacant University of Hawaii football head coaching position is a rather popular item.
- MLB’s new labor contract includes ban on players getting corporate-themed tattoos.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
We interrupt today’s Mark Trail to bring you this waving bear.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found