Dec 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Seattle has gone a little crazy with the Skittles theme, which is OK … anything to get our minds off of Tebowmania. As we were told last week when he ran over the Eagles, Marshawn Lynch was awarded Skittles after each touchdown, a tradition dating to his youth football days. Seahawks fans have taken that tidbit and run with it, creating Beastmode. So on Monday night we had this:
Lynch, however, says that the public doesn’t really understand the Skittles story.
On Monday, he said he was surprised to see so many folks so enamored with his love for the fruit-flavored candy.
“I think a lot of people have got it mixed up, that it’s a prize that I get Skittles for scoring touchdowns,” Lynch said. “But if you want to know the truth, you’ve got to ask my mama.”
The truth, as Lynch revealed in this hilarious NFL Films segment, is that his mother used to provide him with a bag of Skittles before each game he played in high school. He ate the candy throughout each game on the sidelines, and apparently continued the tradition throughout his college days at California.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while hanging your hand grenade Christmas ornaments with (great) care …
- Another day, another hunter shot by his own dog.
- Wait, there’s marching band hazing now? What?
- San Diego’s Qualcomm Stadium to become Snapdragon Stadium for 11 days beginning on Sunday. OK …
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
We interrupt today’s Mark Trail to bring you this bear who hitched a ride into the city on a garbage truck.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found