Dec 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I’ve said all along that a romance between Tim Tebow and Lindsey Vonn would break the Internet, and apparently the Olympic skier shares my concerns. Reacting to several social media rumors of a romance with the Broncos quarterback (plus, she was spotted at Sunday’s Broncos game watching from the Tebow family box), Vonn told the Associated Press that none of it is true. Huffington Post:
“I am single. I’m not with anyone,” Vonn said. “I’ve heard a lot of rumors and a lot of reports.”
Asked about Tebow the quarterback and Tebow the pose, she addressed both.
“He’s proving them all wrong,” Vonn said. “In a way, that’s what I’m trying to do as well — to be able to compete under any circumstance and keep fighting and doing my best every day. Just because I `Tebow,’ doesn’t mean I’m dating him. I said that if I won in Colorado, I would `Tebow’ because I admire what he’s doing.
But what do you expect when Vonn was seen watching Sunday’s Broncos game from the Tebow family box? In a storfy today in the Denver Post, Vonn also denied the dating rumors:
A lot of people are wondering what’s up with me and the Tebows. I’m just friends with the family. I met Tim and his brother Pete at the ESPY Awards like three or four years ago in the gym — we were working out there. I spent more time with Tim and his brother at the V Foundation Golf Tournament, and this year at the ESPYs.
Tim presented me with my ESPY award this year, and we kind of chatted. I said, “If you want to come up to Vail and ski, let me know.” Robby invited me to one of their games a few weeks ago. Then we ended up being able to race at Beaver Creek, so he came up for that last Wednesday.
After winning the World Cup Super-G on Wednesday, Vonn struck a ‘Tebowing’ posture just below the medal stand, which threw kerosene on the dating rumors already beginning to circulate. But aside from their brief appearance together a the ESPYs this year, she says the two have never met. She met his brother, Robby, at the Super G race in Beaver Creek, CO. (Photo below).
Vonn was born in St. Paul, MN, and currently lives in Colorado, where she trains.
Tim Tebow, Lindsey Vonn Dating? Ski Star Addresses Rumors Of Relationship With Broncos QB [Huffington Post]
Lindsey Vonn wins Super G in Colorado, celebrates by Tebowing [Off the Bench]
Lindsey Vonn: Watching Broncos win from Tebow family box [Denver Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness