Dec 12, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
First Tim Tebow led another improbable comeback win. Then someone began mailing out this Christmas card. Now even John Elway, who has been spectacularly noncommittal on Tebow’s long-range prospects, seems to be a believer. All praise Tebow!
Elway, on 102.3 the Ticket in Denver with Vic and Gary this morning:
“I think when you look at it I guess I just believe everyone believes that something good is going to happen. Tim’s been the guy that has led that thinking and he’s just such a strong believer. He’s got everyone else believing that if you stay strong, stay positive, that something good is going to happen. It’s the power of the mind and the power of positive thinking. I think when those guys are thinking that way and it’s been led by Timmy with that positive attitude that all boats have been rising with that.
“I think he has rallied everyone around him which as you said is part of the leadership qualities that he and his ability as a football player but also as a man to really raise this whole organization and this whole football team to the point where it’s got such great belief that everybody is playing above their ability. I think that’s the sure sign of a great leader.”
Is it just me, or were there a lot of left-handed compliments in there? It’s like Elway is saying Tebow can lift objects with his mind — all well and good, if Tebow is using Jedi mind tricks. But if I were him, I’d feel a whole lot more secure about my future as a starter if the Exec. VP of Football Operations were praising my physical abilities.
Yes it does exist, a Tim Tebow ‘Tebowing’ Christmas card! (photo) [Off the Bench]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found