Dec 7, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
Four years ago, University of Florida graduate Jen Wiley named her son after her two favorite coaches. And so, Spurrier Urban Wiley was brought into the world. But now Urban Meyer has moved on to Ohio State, and Mrs. Wiley feels betrayed — so much so that she wants to change her son’s middle name. What will she change it to? You’re not going to believe this.
How about Tim … after Tim Tebow?
Wiley said anything is better than Urban.
It’s a name that reminds her of the letter the former Gator coach wrote her son shortly after his birth.
In it, Urban Meyer wrote, “I look forward to growing with you as a Gator over the years.”
Wiley’s husband isn’t on board with the change, and she said she won’t officially change her son’s name unless her husband agrees.
If he does, she’s thinking Tim after Tim Tebow, the great Gator quarterback who is becoming a star in the NFL.
I’ll bet these kinds of things never happen on Super Earth, where kids have normal names and they have a college football playoff system.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte