Dec 6, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
France, the country that gave us Jacques Cousteau and Aquaman (just guessing on that second one) has provided another great sea innovator. Meet Franky Zapata, who has invented a water jet pack he calls a Flyboard. Ever watch a garden hose flap around the yard when the water’s turned up high? The Flyboard is like that, only you can ride it, and control it. It’s like you’re a dolphin and the rest of the world is floating in inner tubes.
The power of the water is controlled by an operator on the jetski, which has to have at least 100hp to operate the Flyboard.
Once you’ve got the hang of it it’s possible to jump to incredible heights out of the water — over 30 feet — with Zapata himself even able to perform backwards somersaults.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found