Dec 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Proving that the greatest celebrations are non-celebrations, 49ers rookie DE Aldon Smith pulled off a move that was both amusing and practical on Sunday. After sacking the Rams’ A.J. Feely in the third quarter, Smith immediately sprinted to the sideline, quickly took a seat on the bench and took a breather. But as great as it was on video (see it here), it’s even better as an animated GIF (thanks to Niners Nation).
Niners’ president Jed York even took to Twitter to praise the move:
@JedYork Jed York
Is there a cooler sack celebration than what the Defensive ROY did today? Love it, Aldon! youtube.com/watch?v=vC3Huy…
With the 26-0 drubbing of St. Louis the 49ers clinched their first division title since 2002. But the news was not all good for SF fans: it’s my duty to report that during the second quarter, the crowd at Candlestick did The Wave. I am filled with shame.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while wondering what Santa’s going to do wit the knife …
- Classic flop by Packers’ linebacker Brad Jones.
- Blake Griffin, Chris Kaman Twitter battle.
- Young Vikings fan learns early that team loyalty means nothing when you get a chance to touch Tim Tebow.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Gah! Bear porn! There is nothing this woman won’t stoop to.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead