Dec 5, 2011, 10:50 AM EST
It’s been rumored since October, but only now is it official: Madonna will be the headline act at this season’s Super Bowl halftime show. Only coincidentally of course, Madonna has a movie coming out two days before the Feb. 5 game, and a new album scheduled for release in 2012. To paraphrase Charlie Brown in the Peanuts Christmas special: “I’m not going to let this commercial Madonna spoil my Super Bowl.”
But guess who’s also going to be performing at halftime?
The 53-year-old Material Girl — whose romantic drama W.E. just happens to be hitting theaters two days before the game — will collaborate with Cirque du Soleil and Jamie King for the big gig.
This just could be the freakiest SB halftime show ever.
And now a list of every Super Bowl halftime headliner since 2005, with their age at the time of the performance.
2005: Paul McCartney, 63.
2006: Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, 63).
2007: Prince, 49.
2008: Tom Petty, 58.
2009: Bruce Springsteen, 60.
2010: The Who (Roger Daltrey, 65).
2011: Black Eyed Peas (will.i.am, 36).
2012: Madonna, 53.
Average age: 55.8. Throw out Black Eyed Peas and it’s 58.7.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found