Nov 23, 2011, 5:38 PM EST
The Patriot-News and the Associated Press both reported on Wednesday that Sue Paterno, wife of embattled former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, was told that she could no longer use the university’s campus pool, where she usually works out. But on Wednesday night NBC’s Peter Alexander tweeted that Mrs. Paterno was not actually banned from the facility. Alexander’s tweet:
Mrs. Paterno was NOT kicked out, per #PennState: “The indoor pool was closed to all public swimming today.” @greggdoyelcbs
Yes, the aquatics center web site confirms that the pool is closed over the Thanksgiving break. But the report is still unclear: The Patriot-News cited “A source close to the Paterno family” in reporting that Mrs. Paterno “was told she could no longer use the facilities.” And the Associated Press reported that “the family was saddened” by the development. It’s hard to believe the family would have been “saddened” by a Thanksgiving break shutdown.
So we probably won’t know the real story until Monday.
Sue Paterno used Penn State facilities to swim and exercise everyday, the source said, but was told Wednesday morning that she could no longer use the facilities.
Here’s the university’s aquatic facility web site.
The Associated Press is also reporting this, adding that “the family was saddened” by the development.
Sue Paterno told she can’t use Penn State University pool to swim [The Patriot-News]
Sue Paterno Was NOT Banned From Using PSU’s Pool [NBC Philadelphia]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found