Nov 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Q: What’s seven feet tall, weighs 900 pounds, and may be too tarnished to remain standing on the Penn State campus? A: The Joe Paterno statue. According to Gregg Doyle of CBS, the bronze likeness of the embattled former head coach is going to be on campus a little less time than originally intended.
@greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel
Last update: PSU professors have told students it’s a done deal: Paterno statue going down over Thanksgiving
6 minutes ago via TweetDeck
If true, expect a pilgrimage of epic proportions over the next few days to the spot near Beaver Stadium, as Paterno fans gather to spend some precious last moments with metal JoePa. Will there be a last-minute kidnapping, as the Paterno faithful whisk the statue to a secure, undisclosed location? That would be interesting.
UPDATE: According to WGAL.com, Penn State officials said there have been “no discussions” about the Paterno statue.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while hanging your Jersey Shore Christmas tree ornaments with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas doesn’t have a TV …
- The cartoon oriole is back on Baltimore caps. We’ve missed you, old friend.
- Santa Clara City Council approves funding to prepare site for new 49ers stadium. You lived your life like a Candlestick in the wind.
- This New York Post Tim Tebow cover is interesting, to say the least.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Yeah, but you’ll never get that bear to testify in court.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found