Epic rants: ‘Angry Greg’ the Eagles fan is not amused by Sunday’s outcome (video)

Nov 14, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT

eaglesfanmad copy

Angry Greg Ryan must be some sort of fixture in local sports bars — the Norm Peterson of Philadelphia, I guess. Here’s his epic rant to a CSN Philadelphia reporter over the Eagles’ performance against the Cardinals on Sunday. My favorite part: “We lost to Red Skelton! A backup quarterback! A guy who graduated from Fordham, that powerhouse!”

Red Skelton, the comedian, of course died in 1997.

Second favorite: “We’re in the running for Luck I guess!”

Angry Greg then jumped into The 700 Level comments section to take other Eagles fans to task.

Hey folks, I am angry — outrageously angry. I thought this was the 700 Level site? The lack of comments containing outrage over what Capt’n Andy and crew have turned this season into makes it read like storybook time for five-year-olds. You can’t possibly be the same folks I sat with for all those years. Those people would never hide their disdain for the dogmeat Reid’s trotted out every week. Unfortunately, I see very little of that attitude on display here. A lot of the comments I read are dribble, vanilla and emotionally sterile. This isn’t about one guy goin’ off in front of a TV camera, this is about the horse crap Reid’s been allowed to pass off as a professional football team week after losing week under the blessings of Eagles mgmt. Yesterday’s loss oughta be raisin’ butt blisters on every Eagles fan out there, but your focus wonders whether I’m a postal worker or have the nut-sized brain of some redneck lunatic from Alabama. Adjust the mirror, folks. Reid is the problem, not some beer-bellied angry old fan. Is this what the 700 Level has become — souless? For crimminey sakes, people, Lurie may hold the keys, but this is our team — let your outrage be heard!
Posted by Angry Greg Ryan at 1:40 pm Nov 14, 2011

Commenter KevinB with some background on Angry Greg:

I blame former Governor Rendell for this jackass. They interviewed him after the loss in week 2, The Gov dubbed him Angry Greg Ryan and has made him a weekly fixture on the postgame show.

***
This Philly fan is indeed angry [The 700 Level]

1. lewp - Nov 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM

This couldn’t happen to a more fitting team…the Philadelphia Eagirls!!!!!

Wasn’t this suppose to be the “Dream Team” of the NFL this year? What happen????

The Philadelphia Eagirls!!! The team with fans that put batteries in snowballs…..
    The team with ZERO Super Bowl Trophies!!!!!!
    The team that talks so much smack, and has never, ever won crap!!!!!!

You deserve what you get Eagirls! Karma follows you…….Now who’s laughing??? Wanna laugh at Michael Irvin getting hurt??? Hahahaha enjoy your record Eagirls!!!

• sasquash20 - Nov 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Batteries in snow balls? please stop with this nonsense. We won in 1960, maybe a million years ago but we did win a championship. Eagirls? That is really lame, almost as lame as everybody taking what the back up QB said in training camp and making it like we all anointed them. Sorry we cheered when your crack smoking, rapist, diva WR hurt her vagina.

• bozosforall - Nov 15, 2011 at 6:15 PM

You guys also won in 1948 and 1949, tying your team with the NE Patriots, among other teams, with THREE NFL titles. Go get ‘em, Eagles fans!. LOL

• sasquash20 - Nov 15, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I know I thought it was bad enough going back to 1960. All of which I wasn’t alive for. Any how I was raised to be a fan of the home town/area teams. So that is what I do. No fragaisie here

• trbowman - Nov 15, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Cheering when Irvin went down is the least offensive thing Philadelphia has done.

Typical Philly fan.

2. icelovinbrotha215 - Nov 14, 2011 at 6:24 PM

The voice of the people. Angry Greg is the man. He did forget to mention that Coach Reid refuses, once again, to not feed the ball to Shady. Coach Reid has gots to go.

3. rabidbillsfan - Nov 16, 2011 at 1:21 PM

leave it to another Ryan to make headlines…

4. rabidbillsfan - Nov 16, 2011 at 1:25 PM

This guy could actually be Andy Reids Double, throw him a Sailors hat and he can be Captain Andy! “Captain… Captain, did you eat the skipper captain?”