Nov 14, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Angry Greg Ryan must be some sort of fixture in local sports bars — the Norm Peterson of Philadelphia, I guess. Here’s his epic rant to a CSN Philadelphia reporter over the Eagles’ performance against the Cardinals on Sunday. My favorite part: “We lost to Red Skelton! A backup quarterback! A guy who graduated from Fordham, that powerhouse!”
Red Skelton, the comedian, of course died in 1997.
Second favorite: “We’re in the running for Luck I guess!”
Angry Greg then jumped into The 700 Level comments section to take other Eagles fans to task.
Hey folks, I am angry — outrageously angry. I thought this was the 700 Level site? The lack of comments containing outrage over what Capt’n Andy and crew have turned this season into makes it read like storybook time for five-year-olds. You can’t possibly be the same folks I sat with for all those years. Those people would never hide their disdain for the dogmeat Reid’s trotted out every week. Unfortunately, I see very little of that attitude on display here. A lot of the comments I read are dribble, vanilla and emotionally sterile. This isn’t about one guy goin’ off in front of a TV camera, this is about the horse crap Reid’s been allowed to pass off as a professional football team week after losing week under the blessings of Eagles mgmt. Yesterday’s loss oughta be raisin’ butt blisters on every Eagles fan out there, but your focus wonders whether I’m a postal worker or have the nut-sized brain of some redneck lunatic from Alabama. Adjust the mirror, folks. Reid is the problem, not some beer-bellied angry old fan. Is this what the 700 Level has become — souless? For crimminey sakes, people, Lurie may hold the keys, but this is our team — let your outrage be heard!
Posted by Angry Greg Ryan at 1:40 pm Nov 14, 2011
Commenter KevinB with some background on Angry Greg:
I blame former Governor Rendell for this jackass. They interviewed him after the loss in week 2, The Gov dubbed him Angry Greg Ryan and has made him a weekly fixture on the postgame show.
This Philly fan is indeed angry [The 700 Level]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming