Nov 7, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
The great LSUfreek has struck again, this time working his animated GIF magic to show us what actually happened on Saturday night in the big LSU-Alabama football showdown. As we can see, Cartman tastes the Unfathomable Tears of Sadness from the distraught Bama fan, Nick Saban freaks out as the BCS Trophy is snatched from his grasp, and of course Les Miles makes a James Bond-ian escape on a jet ski. Which makes perfect sense considering an overtime win in which the opposition missed four field goals.
We would have also accepted Robin Hood swinging on a chandelier while escaping the castle guards. [Barking Carnival]
- Sandusky released, seen near elementary school. Jerry Sandusky was released soon after his arrest and was recently seen in an ABC News report at his State College home, which is located approximately 1,000 feet from an elementary school. Is it unreasonable to think that State College law enforcement has an obligation to inform parents of children at Lemont Elementary School that a serial child rapist is living next door — and is free to come and go as he pleases? [SportsbyBrooks]
- Denver Post writer Jim Armstrong loses job over sports betting scandal. [Larry Brown Sports]
- Oscar Robertson on the labor talks: ‘Basketball had this once before. They haven’t learned very much from it at all.’ [Sports Radio Interviews]
- For the first time since 2000, Albert Pujols’ name does not appear on the Cardinals’ roster. [With Leather]
- ‘He’s happy he’s still alive’: Boxing had its round of the year this weekend [Sports Grid]
- Rams take first down off to enjoy the beautiful field position [The Onion]
We’re fairly sure that Shakespeare wrote all of his plays, but have a suspicion that Edward de Vere, the 17th Earl of Oxford, is writing Blogdome. Contact the Earl at: Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte