Nov 7, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
In related news, I’m having trouble opening this package of Mrs. Paul’s fish sticks. It happened off the Gold Coast, near Cookstown, where 85-year-old Connie Laurie reeled in an 850-pound marlin on a chartered fishing excursion. For real. From Cairnes.com:
“Only twice did I get lifted out of the seat when it made a run, but I was able to get it right up to the back of the boat before we released it,” an excited Mrs Laurie said.
“It was just a magical sight to see this huge big fish jump out of the water.”
No word on how long it took to reel in the giant fish, but it was catch-and-release, which is good.
Photo: Cairns-based Ross Finlayson Marlin Charters on board Top Shot.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found