Nov 4, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
Former 49er and Raider Bill Romanowski is no stranger to cheap shots: when former players are asked to name their dirtiest opponents of all time, he invariably leads the list. So here’s Romo during a radio interview with The Fan AM 1060 Phoenix, doing what he does best — twisting the knife. The subject is Tim Tebow. Enjoy.
Tim Tebow, I can’t put him to sleep yet because he’s the only virgin in the NFL. Okay? You can’t hate the guy. For the guys that try to hit him hard and talk smack and stuff, he just looks at them and says ‘God Bless You.’”
I guess in Romanowski’s world, this may pass as a compliment. Not sure.
It’s anyone’s guess as to whether Tebow is the only virgin in the NFL. But I’m certain that Romanowski is the only former NFL player to be tossed from coaching a youth flag football team for arguing with one of the players.
Bill Romanowski: ‘Tim Tebow is the only virgin in the NFL. You can’t hate the guy.’ [Sports Radio Interviews]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found