Nov 3, 2011, 7:12 PM EST
Global BC sports anchor Barry Deley enters the BC Children’s Hospital Dream Lottery every year, but he never dreamed he’d actually win it. He did — to the tune of $2 million, or a $2.5 million condo (his choice). All of this was announced by his news colleagues, live on the air. In fact, they called Deley during the broadcast, live, to tell him.
Global BC hosts Sophie Lui and Squire Barnes were stunned to discover sports anchor Barry Deley had won the jackpot prize as they presented their Monday morning show from Vancouver.
Barnes then phoned his friend live on air to tell the new millionaire what had happened, to which a delighted Deley replied: “You know people are going to think this is kind of fishy don’t you?”
Scroll ahead to about the 1:20 mark to see the drawing, and the reaction.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found