Oct 31, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
Apparently Kris Humphries was one of the last ones to know that Kim Kardashian is beginning divorce proceedings. And Ms. Kardashian is throwing on a full court press. Not only has she hired celebrity divorce lawyer Laura Wasser (past clients Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, Kiefer Sutherland), but she’s also asked a judge to make sure that Humphries keeps his mitts off her money. Huffington Post:
According to divorce docs filed by Kardashian Monday, the reality starlet asked the court to reject any request by Humphries for spousal support. She also asked that both parties cover their own legal fees.
The couples assets will be divided in accordance with their prenup. According to Us Weekly, the prenup protects all of Kardashian’s assets prior to the marriage (the Kardashians pulled in $65 million last year alone), and she will also keep everything she earned during their short union.
By contrast, Humpries — who is currently unemployed due to the NBA lockout — reportedly makes around $3.2 million a year.
Meanwhile, Humphries seems taken aback by the news.
“I love my wife and am devastated to learn she filed for divorce … I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make it work,” the NBA star told TMZ.
Kim Kardashian Divorce: Plans To Block Kris Humpries’ Bid For Spousal Support [Huffington Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found