Oct 27, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
(vb) to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different.
Planking is dead. Owling has jumped the shark. Tebow did it. When the almighty Timmy Tebow rallied the Broncos from a 15-0 deficit to defeat the hapless Miami Dolphins 18-15 in overtime, something magical happened. While everybody else on the Broncos’ sideline was whooping it up as they moved in to swamp their kicker Matt Prater with football love, Tim Tebow was busy kneeling down for an impromptu one-on-one with the J-man. A photograph was snapped and an era was born.
Now that our nation has finally gotten over ripping off Australia’s prized ‘planking’ craze, we need something new to Tumblr about at work. And just in time, a nation turns its lonely eyes to a kneeling Tebow, who thankfully will probably never understand the sarcastic undertones that come with people mocking your champion pose in odd situations and then sending them to a Tumblr that aggregates all of the photos. And that’s why we love you, Timmy. Tebow on.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games