Oct 23, 2011, 7:31 AM EDT
Let’s be honest, we all have done stupid stuff in our twenties but Manchester City’s Mario Balotelli and his friends might have done one of the more idiotic things that I have ever heard of.
The twenty-one year old striker’s house was set on fire late Saturday when one of his buddies decided to shoot a firework in his bathroom which accidentally caught the house on fire:
Two fire crews using breathing apparatus put out the flames after being called to Balotelli’s house just before 1am on Saturday to deal with what has been described as “a substantial fire” on the first floor.
The property, in Mottram St Andrew, Cheshire, sustained serious fire and smoke damage, and the police were also called – in part to ensure Balotelli did not go back into the house. The striker is said to have been reluctant to leave his belongings and, at one point, to have run back inside to recover a quantity of money and a suitcase.
He has told club officials he and four friends were setting off fireworks through an open window. The bathroom towels set on fire and the blaze quickly spread. Balotelli has claimed that one of his friends had set off the firework.
Balotelli has had a rather tumultuous career at Manchester City and hopefully this latest stunt won’t have his potential soccer career go up in flames.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found