Oct 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
These are not the best of times for the UCLA Bruins. Not only were they crushed, 48-12, by Arizona on Thursday (Arizona’s first Pac-12 win of the season), but apparently the Bruins staff sent out an email to potential recruits, reminding them to watch the nationally televised game. Making the situation all the more tragic was this:
Frustration boiled over in the closing seconds of the first half, when a wild brawl spread about 60 yards across the field after a streaker dressed like an official ran onto the field.
See you next fall!
Fun fact: Christoph Bono, son of ex-49ers and Chiefs quarterback Steve Bono, is a freshman QB for the Bruins.
UPDATE: Video of the ref streaker, and the fight.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while answering nature’s call at America’s best toilet …
- The NBA lockout fundraiser needs your help.
- Aaron Rodgers forced to wear USC Trojans gear? Yep.
- The most awesome Chewbacca Minor League Hockey jersey you will see today.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
The reason the leopard is nature’s most fearsome carnivore? It’s impossible to haul a salad up into a tree.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found