Oct 11, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
Astros pitcher Bud Norris isn’t the first human to complain about television commercials, or even the first mammal (my dog barks at Snuggles, the Fabric Softener Bear). But it seems a little odd that he would single out the Giants’ Brian Wilson, a fellow hurler, for disdain.
Norris took to Twitter on Monday night to register his ire over Wilson’s Taco Bell commercial, in which the San Francisco Giant claimed to be “black ops” and, well, I’m not sure exactly what was going on. But the commercial is below. Norris’ tweet:
Does Brian Wilson play baseball or work in Hollywood? I can’t tell but his Taco Bell commercials are a joke.
Wow. The Astros lost 106 games this season, Bud. You might have bigger things to worry about. Not that it matters all that much, but Norris was 6-11 this season with a 3.77 ERA.
Of course Wilson working the cash register at a Taco Bell is a much superior concept for a commercial. Next year? Taco Bell should go with J.B. Smoove, aka Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm. LARRY: “You’re in Paris, which has some of the greatest cuisine in the world, and you’re eating a chalupa?” LEON: “If I could wrap a piece of French Toast around this (expletive), I would.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found