Oct 10, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
Amber Miller was 39 weeks pregnant when she started the Chicago Marathon, and after a few miles of jostling, the kid decided she wanted out. Do you blame her? Miller, who said her doctor gave her permission to run (she ran two miles, walked two miles, etc.), said she started feeling contractions near the end of Sunday’s race. But she still finished, then was driven to the hospital.
A few hours later at 10:29 p.m., June Miller was born. (Clicks stopwatch).
The best part: Miller’s husband, John, ran with her, and she left him behind at the one-mile mark. She also finished ahead of him in the race overall.
Greg Jarrett at WGN in Chicago talked with Amber and John: Audio here.
Woman gives birth after finishing marathon [NBC Chicago]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming