Wakeup Call: College football player’s John Deere tractor joyride of course ends with tasering, arrest
Oct 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Who among us hasn’t swiped a John Deere Gator and taken four friends for a joyride? It’s part of growing up. But a Coe College running back, Colin Ferring, 18, upped the ante recently when Cedar Rapids, Iowa police got wind of what he was doing and gave chase. When they pulled over the tractor, Ferring took off running. When the cops caught up to him, things got tasery.
Ferring was cited for possession of alcohol under the legal age, public intoxication and interference with official acts after he allegedly took a John Deere Gator, police said. Sgt. Cristy Hamblin said Ferring resisted arrest and officers had to use a Taser to subdue him.
The worst part for Coe’s football team: The report said that Ferring was caught “after a short footchase.” Um, go Kohawks?
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while seeing all your dreams come true …
- Dave Barry feels just awful about the Yankees being eliminated.
- How come Detroit has all the luck?
- Eagles’ Brent Celek says Ronnie Brown’s infamous fumble against 49ers was a run-pass option play that “we’ve run a few times before and it’s worked out well.”
- Carrie Underwood now leading the LA Times poll to replace Hank Williams Jr. on Monday Night Football.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
And during fox hunting season, the parents are often killed and the pups are left to starve. Oh well, that’s Britain for you.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found