Oct 6, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
This is bogus, man! A landlord is suing Tim Lincecum for allegedly trashing an apartment the Giants’ pitcher rented in the San Francisco Mission District to the tune of $350,000, according to court papers. The main source of the damage? “Some kind of party.” Anyone want to bet Brian Wilson was invited? San Jose Mercury News:
In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in San Francisco Superior Court, landlord Mindy Freile alleged that shortly after Lincecum’s lease expired at 141 Hampshire St., the star pitcher illegally returned to living in the apartment and “broke, stained, defaced, tore, injured or destroyed” her property.
“My belief is there was some kind of party that left it in really bad condition,” attorney Jonathan Bonstein, representing the landlord, told the San Jose Mercury News on Thursday. “Maybe there’s a perfectly good explanation on his side, but we haven’t heard it yet.” The Giants aren’t issuing a comment on the lawsuit and Lincecum’s agent called it “unwarranted.”
Lincecum’s lease had him living there from May 2010 through Feb., 2011, meaning that the alleged party probably occurred, oh, I don’t know, perhaps somewhere in the vicinity of the day in Nov. when a certain team won a certain World Series title? Yeah, that lady’s lucky the place still has walls.
Lawsuit claims Giants’ Lincecum trashed San Francisco apartment [San Jose Mercury News]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found