Oct 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Moneyball? Feh. Anyone can win on a shoestring budget with a revolutionary understanding of statistics and the faith to implement new ideas at the highest levels of sports. But it takes real guts to outspend your opponents by millions and then pretend it’s a level playing field. Just ask the New York Yankees. Kudos to Jest.com for this bit of whimsy wrapped in truth:
“What is happening in New York? Spending all that money is miraculously working out for them!”
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while watching the world’s longest bikini parade …
- Shirtless chubby guy will fight everyone at this sand soccer match.
- Nothing to see here: Just Bayer Leverkusen striker Eren Derdiyok passing the ball to himself in mid-air for a bicycle kick game-winner.
- Nothing to see here: Just a 64-yard field goal. In a high school game.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
A rabbit talking through its butt? You’d better believe that’s 25 Mark Trail points.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found