Oct 5, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
OK, the most amazing thing about this is the guy didn’t even play in the game. A player for the Washington Court House (Ohio) football team apparently hid a tack in his glove and stuck players fro the opposing team with it as they filed by in the post-game congratulatory handshake line, say police.
“We walked across the 50 yard line and supposedly one of the guys had tacks in his glove. Nobody knew about it. I was far back enough in the line that everyone started to turn around and I got out of the way,” said Michael Aeh, a McClain football player.
Officials said 27 football players had their hands punctured after they congratulated the winning team from Washington Court House.
“They felt the pain of it when it occurred and they thought maybe they had hit a nerve or something. Then some of them immediately … looked at their hands and saw blood,” said Dr. Dan Strain, McClain High School principal.
Reportedly all 27 players who got stuck had to get tetanus shots. Which sucks.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Hey, Billy Crystal-Christoper Guest Saturday Night Live sketch reference, anyone?
“Would you rather have your tongue stretched with pliers, or roll naked down a football field covered in tacks?” “Oh, I hate when that happens.”
UPDATE: The unnamed 16-year-old player has been dismissed from the team.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found