Oct 5, 2011, 12:34 PM EST
The Phillies’ Shane Victorino took a little time away from watching the extremely athletic squirrel that was hopping all over the Busch Stadium grass on Sunday to notice that the Budweiser horses had appeared, and what they were doing was simply not right. Taking a break from filming heart-wrenching commercials to trot around the Cardinals’ field, the horses encouraged everybody to grab more beer. Go on, do it, the horses want you to!
Unfortunately for the Phillies’ nostrils, the horses also had an ulterior mission: to take a blatant poop right in front of the Philadelphia dugout, rendering the whole area toxic. Sure, it made Charlie Manuel and Hunter Pence feel right at home, and Roy Oswalt was probably too busy thinking about tractors to notice anything different. But the rest of the team was pretty worked up, especially Victorino, who pointed out the manure attack after the game.
The famed Budweiser Clydesdales trotted around the warning track a couple of times to big cheers from the crowd. Shane Victorino wishes they had went around just once.
“How about the horses?” a giddy Victorino said in the clubhouse after the Phillies’ 3-2 win. “They went around a second time and crapped all by our dugout. It smelled awful. I think they did it on purpose. There was poo everywhere.”
This calls for revenge. Phillies fans near the Cardinals’ dugout, I command you to unleash your vomit all over the place down there. Really stink up the joint! I believe in you. Get to it!
PHILLIES CF SHANE VICTORINO: ‘THERE WAS POO EVERYWHERE’ [Sportress of Blogitude]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found