Favre on Aaron Rodgers taking Packers to Super Bowl win: ‘I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long’
Oct 4, 2011, 12:17 PM EST
He may not have meant to to sound that way, but Brett Favre was kind of a d*** to Aaron Rodgers during a radio interview on Monday. Favre was asked by 790 The Zone (Atlanta) host Mike Hans about Aaron Rodgers leading the Packers to a Super Bowl win last season. Excerpt:
“[Rodgers has] tremendous talent, he’s very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player. I don’t think there’s any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long. In the early part of last year season, it hadn’t quite clicked yet and I didn’t know it would. I just kind of figured when they hit their stride, they’re going to be hard to beat. And that’s what happened.”
So, it’s my opinion that Favre knew exactly what he was saying. With “fell into a good situation,” “[No] pressure on him now” and “surprised it took him so long” being the key phrases. In other words, Brett Favre cannot not be a big d*** when it comes to the guy who replaced him.
Favre doesn’t do a lot of radio interviews, but now that he’s a big-time college color analyst, maybe that will change.
Brett Favre on Aaron Rodgers Leading Packers to Super Bowl Glory: “I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long.” [Sports Radio Interviews]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found