Oct 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Great, I love ’80s Nights! You may have heard the news by now: Since the Lions are 4-0 for the first time since 1980, the NFL is bringing in Madonna to sing at the Super Bowl halftime show this season, reportedly. Here’s some sample Twitter reaction to this news:
Madonna is performing at the Super Bowl? Maybe the Bills really are good this year, considering we’ve warped back in time 20 years.
@wingoz trey wingo
Madonna to perform at SB halftime. absolutely NO WAY there’s a wardrobe malfunction there right, right?
@bruce_arthur Bruce Arthur
Madonna performing at halftime of the Super Bowl? I bet Joe Montana and John Elway will really enjoy that before they play the second half.
@BeisnerKSR Thomas Beisner
Madonna will perform during halftime, ensuring that Jeff Garcia will finally make it to the Super Bowl.
@joshlewinstuff josh lewin
Madonna playing SB halftime this yr after BEP last year.. we keep creeping backwards here, people. by SB48, it’s going to be Boz Scaggs.
@jh_moore Jack Moore
Madonna, huh? Another Super Bowl halftime spent playing Super Smash Bros it is.
@suss2hyphens Matt Sussman
Guess the Muppet Halftime Show won’t be until 2013. That’s fine.
@gourmetspud Gourmet Spud
They need to stop letting Al Davis’s grandfather pick the Super Bowl halftime acts.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while saying goodbye to Andy Rooney’s eyebrows …
- Red Sox bus ad is both amusing, sad.
- Matt Cassel and Todd Haley get into a shouting match on the sideline, but it’s hard to take seriously due to one of them wearing a pink hat.
- Scientists are still trying to figure out what Eagles running back Ronnie Brown was trying to do here. (And watch Vick walk back to the sideline as it’s happening). #dreamteam
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
The longer you’ve been married, the more elaborate the role playing, especially in Canada.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement