Sep 29, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
A few fun facts about Rocco Grimaldi: The 18-year-old from Michigan, via Anaheim, Calif., was drafted 33rd overall by the Florida Panthers in June. He now plays for the University of North Dakota, and was the U.S. Under-17 national team’s leading scorer in 2009-10 with 40 goals. He’s also a devout born-again Christian, who “reads the Bible daily” and has the inscription ‘1 Samuel 16:7’ on the heel of his right shoe.
Which is why it may be no surprise that Grimaldi took to Twitter recently to sermonize on the evils of scantily-clad women, who tempt men with their wanton ways. From Grimaldi’s Twitter feed:
RGrimaldi23 Rocco Grimaldi
Ladies, you can help us guys out big time. Put your boobs away and everything else that is hanging out. Guys have a hard enough time with…
that temptation without u helping it along. When did being a beautiful girl become dressing with the least amount of clothes on? When did…
what u wear become a competition? Before you dress ask, “Does this outfit honor God, does it honor my body, does it help serve/love my…
brothers? If it’s a no to any of those questions, then u shouldn’t wear that outfit #ThinkBeforeYouDress
Coincidentally, that’s the exact thing I asked myself when I got up in the morning and got dressed: “Does this outfit honor God?” (It does if God likes Captain America t-shirts). Which brings us to our next series of Grimaldi tweets:
RGrimaldi23 Rocco Grimaldi
Guys u ready? Ur up next
Guys, when did sleeping with every girl u can make u a man? Anyone can lay with a woman. And don’t blame the women for how they dress…
Don’t say it’s because they want attention. Don’t blame ur “curiosity” or that u just wanted a little taste of what it would be like…
Women are not an object for playing with. Sex is a gift from God. We have made it idolatry by how we use it. We blame the women for what…
they’re wearing, we blame the media for what they’re producing, but we never blame OURSELVES for how WE’VE twisted God’s gift to only…
glorify ourselves. WE are the men and WE are to blame. God put US in charge of this earth so WE are the ones who need to man up and lay…
down our lust. Don’t fall into that temptation. If you don’t do this, you may be a boy for the rest of ur life #ManUp
Puck Daddy has an excellent analysis of Grimaldi’s Sermon on the Tweet, so you should probably check that out. I’ll say only that I find such Bible-thumping tiresome outside of a Burt Lancaster-Jean Simmons movie, and that 18-year-olds shouldn’t presume to tell anyone how to dress or behave.
As we all know, kid preachers are a cute novelty at first, but very quickly become annoying. But at least Grimaldi kept it confined to his own Twitter account. And by the way, I’ve seen a lot worse things on Twitter.
And Rihanna, I hope you were paying attention here.
Ladies: Rocco Grimaldi requests you put your boobs away [Puck Daddy]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL