Sep 28, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
A while back I wrote a column asking whether its time to retire The Star-Spangled Banner as our National Anthem. Many said yes, many said no, and a few simply mailed in Anthrax powder. Perhaps you should have seen this video before you made your decision, however.
Popdust.com has, for some reason, compiled the worst National Anthem renditions into one song, some artists getting no more than one, horrible note. All your favorites are there: Carl Lewis, Christina Aguilera, Fergie, Maurice Cheeks, Roseanne — and a very confused Cyndi Lauper at the 2011 U.S. Open. And more. The result: the worst National Anthem ever sung. Um, enjoy?
Our National Anthem has taken a terrible beating over the years, as one can see. But much like the flag in the Francis Scott Key poem from which the song was derived, it’s still there.
Watch the worst National Anthem ever [Popdust]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found