Sep 26, 2011, 4:52 PM EST
[From Dr. Saturday] Press conferences are boring. It’s usually the same humdrum questions about the opponents, position battles, injuries and the meaning of the upcoming game. So when a reporter asked Florida coach Will Muschamp about his relationship with Nick Saban using a Star Wars reference, well, let’s just say it livened up that press conference really quick.
“Excuse the Star Wars reference, but you kind of have a master vs. padawan thing going on between you and Nick (Saban),” the reporter asked.
“What’s a padawan?” Muschamp replies. … [Dr. Saturday]
- The End Of The Great Recruiter? Locksley Fired From New Mexico. It turns out there’s a reason Locksley was so great at Illinois: he had talent running the offense and he didn’t get caught letting a recruit drive his car with a BAC of .16. Locksley was mercifully fired from New Mexico Sunday. While this ends a very embarrassing chapter for the university, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the athletic director went with him, Locksley’s firing might also mean the end of schools only hiring coaches because they’re great recruiters. … [Rumors & Rants]
- “At this time, we do not anticipate that there will be 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic tickets available for public sale.” [Philadelphia Flyers, via The 700 Level]
- Blake Griffin’s “Flight Of The Griffin” (Video). [That NBA Lottery Pick]
- An Old Man Allegedly Got Very Unruly After Iowa’s Football Game This Weekend. [Sports Grid]
- NBA Agent David Falk: “I Could Make This Deal in One Day”. [Sports Radio Interviews]
Blogdome … you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found