Sep 21, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
The odds of winning a prize in McDonald’s new Monopoly Sweepstakes game? One in four. The odds of LeBron making good on his boast to win seven world championships for the Heat? Well, not quite as good, as McDonald’s itself gleefully suggests in this new commercial. LeBron: “Come on, man.” At least he seems alright with it, even if Cavaliers and Heat fans are still clearly P.O.’d.
With Mr. James, “we thought we’d have a little fun with him, and he was totally fine with teasing and poking a little fun at himself with the notion of the odds of winning seven championships,” said McDonald’s marketing director Douglas Freeland, referring to Mr. James’ grand claims that he’d win seven NBA championships with the Miami Heat, the team he joined after the much-groaned-about “Decision” to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers, which aired on ESPN in July 2010.
Hmm, which Monopoly piece do you think LeBron favors while playing the actual board game? I’m betting it’s the bag of money.
Forget LeBron and Michelle, however. How did they ever get Mr. Monopoly to do this commercial? The guy is already loaded.
LeBron Pokes Fun At His ‘Not Six, Not Seven’ Comments In McDonald’s Ad [Sportress of Blogitude]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Marchand strikes again