Sep 20, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Another day, another hockey mom accused of having sex with some of the teen players on her son’s team. Orange County authorities are saying that Kathia Davis, 44, may have had sex with minors during a sleepover at her house involving her son’s youth hockey team. That wasn’t on the refreshments schedule!
Kathia Maria Davis, 44, was arrested Wednesday at her Laguna Niguel home on suspicion of unlawful sex with a minor, Orange County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Jim Amormino said. She was released the same day on $25,000 bail.
Since then, Amormino said, investigators have found evidence of at least one and possibly two more victims. The first victim was under 16 years old when the sexual conduct began, and it continued for several years, authorities allege. The second victim may have been under 14, and the charge in that case will be lewd acts with a minor, Amormino said. The acts allegedly took place at Davis’ home.
Davis, whom KTLA said was “known for throwing team parties,” was being investigated for providing alcohol to minors when the sex allegations emerged.
Davis is divorced and has three children. Amormino said he did not believe that her son was aware of what was going on.
And he will never, ever know. Because all involved have been sworn to secrecy (including you, so keep this quiet).
If you need me, I’ll be in the den trying to work out the delicate mathematical formula that balances the seriousness of this story with the humor.
Hockey mom had sex with minors at sleepovers, officials allege [Los Angeles Times]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead