Sep 14, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
“We’ll always have Orville Redenbacher.”
I know it’s been a tough month for you — first Nancy Grace on Dancing With the Stars, and now this. According to Us Weekly, Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz have split. Is there no MLB/movie star celebrity union we can believe in anymore?
After a year back together, Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez have ended their romance. “They broke up recently,” a source close to the Yankee slugger, 36, confirms to Us Weekly.
The duo’s low-profile love was marked by beach getaways and intense workouts together. So what got in the way? Their work ethic!
“She’s very busy with her career,” the source says of Bad Teacher actress Diaz, 39. “And he’s had injuries and wants to focus on his game. They’re dedicated professionals.”
I had visions of A-Rod and Cameron growing old together, with Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly as their next door neighbors, the kids of both couples all attending Hogwarts. WHY MUST YOU CRUSH MY DREAMS?
Of course we should have seen this coming after A-Rod told Turtle to stop pestering Teixeira.
Cameron Diaz, Alex Rodriguez Split [Us Weekly]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead