Sep 14, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
To give you an idea of where this Sarah Palin-Glen Rice thing is going (the two allegedly had a one-high stand in 1987, according to a new book by Joe McGinniss, as reported by the National Enquirer), here’s Morning Buzz co-host Andy Campbell having a bit of fun with the news:
“A tell-all book coming out next week claims that not only did Sarah Palin do cocaine, but that she also had a thang for chocolate. Back in her sports reporting days in the ’80s, she reportedly had a steamy hookup with then-college b-baller turned pro start Glen Rice. He was in town for a tourney, and it was just a few months before she eloped with her hubby Todd. But after she got married the book again claims she hooked up with Todd’s business partner. Palin says she can almost see the libel lawsuits from her house.”
In case you haven’t seen it, Morning Buzz is a syndicated breakfast TV show that purports to be a hipper version of traditional morning fare such as TODAY and Good Morning America, skewing toward younger viewers. Even so, isn’t “a thang for chocolate” a bit much?
Speaking of a bit much, check out these graphs from the New York Daily News:
[Palin and Rice's] one-night stand over Thanksgiving weekend 1987 reportedly occurred in the dorm room of Palin’s kid sister at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Palin was described by a friend as the aggressor, with the pal reporting “she hauled his ass down,” the Enquirer said.
Man on the news: Sarah Palin may have had ‘a thang for chocolate’ [SportsGrid]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final