Sep 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
How many nine-year-olds get to say that they were clobbered by Jonathan Toews at hockey camp? Bragging rights for this kid forever (“I don’t remember it, but here’s the clip …”), as Toews, working a children’s hockey camp recently, accidentally takes out a kid near the boards.
A sampling of the comments over at Hockey’s Future:
- The kid was text messaging.
- Pfff. Ryan Kesler did that already.
- Kid is milkin’ it.
- I give it 2 1/2 Subbans.
- IMO, this hit was a long time coming. The kid was trash talking Toews since day 1, Toews needed to send a message.
- Why was Toews at the Habs practice?
- Must be Mitchell’s son.
But it’s all OK … word is that the kid’s going to be just fine. And, seriously, kudos to Toews for giving his time to work with kids in the first place.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
Your Headline of the Day: TV Weatherman Found in Bathtub with Naked Dead Man Resigns from Job
- NC State basketball coach Mark Gottfried to parachute from plane during halftime of NC State football game.
- One reason for Redskins’ win over Giants on Sunday: An emotional pregame speech by Colin Powell.
- Washington Wizards forward Andray Blatche has produced a coloring book that promotes healthy eating. Yep.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Egotistical talking deer: that’s 25 Mark Trail points.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain