Sep 13, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
[From D.C. Sports Bog] Anyhow, for a kinder assessment of Rex, let’s turn to former player and NFL Network analyst Heath Evans, who was on 106.7 The Fan Tuesday morning. He was planning the design for his Rexy tattoo. The Junkies asked him if this might become the Same Old Rex at some point.
“Skins fans hope that he is about 90 percent of Same Old Rex,” Evans said. “He’s a competitor. He’s smart. He knows how to challenge a defense at times. He is a man’s type man.
“He’s got a toughness to him. He’s got an edge to him. There’s a lot of things about Rex that, heck, I learned about playing against him at Florida when I was at Auburn that you love about this kid. But Shanahan’s a great coach, and if people are willing to mature, that’s the question.
- Joe Torre stresses uniformity as the key issue of why MLB wouldn’t allow Mets to wear FDNY/NYPD hats on field on 9/11/11. “If the Mets were going to wear it I feel everybody else should wear it, and going forward if we chose to do something different my suggestion would be that we all do the same thing. Whether it’s something on the sleeve or something more with the hat, but I just felt you had the Yankees, who I was at their pregame ceremony at Anaheim, which was tastefully done with a video honoring first responders and things that they wore it pregame. I thought it was done very well. So I think whatever we do if it’s something more than we did yesterday I think everybody should do it.” [Sports Radio Interviews]
- Video: Trent Richardson Playing Pickup Football. [SportsbyBrooks]
- Much Like Warren Sapp, We Have No Idea What The Hell Michael Irvin Is Talking About. [SportsGrid]
- Good Lord, Nike’s New LeBron 9 Shoe Is Orange & Green Awfulness. [Sportress of Blogitude]
- Peyton Manning & Me: Protect Ya Neck. [Gheorghe: The Blog]
- Grown Men Inspired By Stupid Little Sign Hanging In Locker Room. [The Onion]
Hodor. Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?