Sep 13, 2011, 11:10 AM EDT
As usual, the latest Next Media Animation video offering is pretty funny, but it also makes a cognitive point. This time Serena Williams and her rant at the U.S. Open get the computer animation treatment, with NMA opening the piece thusly:
Once upon a time, women’s tennis was a genteel version of the men’s game. All that changed with the Williams sisters.
Venus and Serena overpowered opponents with their strong baseline play, forcing other ladies to up their game.
But Serena also has a reputation as a hothead. …
I’m not sure that NMA quite captured Serena’s physical likeness very well here, but that’s part of the video’s charm!
At this point, being the subject of an NMA video has to be an honor, doesn’t it? Kind of a lesser version of appearing on The Simpsons. Unless you’re Tiger Woods, that is.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: There's no flopping in hockey