Sep 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Stupid sexy Newcastle United …
Noting that up to one-third of its fans are female but less than two percent of its merchandise is designed for women, Premier League Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley had a great idea. Team-branded lingerie. Although this seems more like a present for the guys. Anyway, here’s the London Daily Mail’s take on it:
Perhaps inspired by the pictures released this week of owner Mike Ashley peeling away his clothes and dancing to the Tom Jones classic You Can Leave Your Hat On, the club have launched its own line of lingerie.
Thankfully, Newcastle called upon the services a far more slender and attractive model for the promotional photo shoot, although for the bigger bras, Ashley may yet get the call.
The Premier Lingerie web site promises “bras, briefs, French knickers, stockings, suspender belts and camisoles in a variety of sizes.” Plus, thongs starting at $5.
This isn’t a first in the Premier League: West Ham had a limited edition Katy Perry line of lingerie in 2009 (above photo).
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while being robbed by Gumby …
- You have to keep your head on a swivel if you’re a fan at Petco Park.
- Meanwhile, this home run at PNC Park hit absolutely no one.
- Indiana solves its football problems … by moving the home sideline.
- This may be the sports photo of the year. Ha.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Hey, if this finally moves the plot along, I’ll follow them too.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games